We’ve been moving fast since we founded Pointer in December 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our service to nearly 20 customers.
We’ve seen surprisingly deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for way that they can grow their business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time or part-time Search Engine Marketing Manager (Growth Manager) to help us build our teams for our next stage of growth and development.
About the role
Growth Marketing at our company stands at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology. The ideal candidate is energetic and a self starter willing to dig in and own the foundation of our program. They can ramp up quickly and work effectively with little oversight and prioritize and manage their own work, clearly tying it to the goals of the larger team, and the business as a whole.
- Own the optimization and management of paid search accounts across Google and Bing, including structure & targeting improvements, search query mining, keyword expansion, landing page testing and improvement of bid management processes.
- Proactively find new opportunities for growth and efficiency gains.
- Analyze performance at various levels of granularity, synthesize the most meaningful insights, and communicate those findings to senior leadership.
- Research and leverage SEM industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies.
- Share learnings and best practices regularly with the rest of the team
- Collaborate closely with teammates from different functions such as copywriting, content marketing and social marketing.
- Build relationships with clients in support of our Customer Success Manager
- Minimum of 4+ years experience managing paid search accounts.
- Strong proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling).
- Basic competency in SQL, as well as a basic understanding of data logging/tracking systems in growth marketing (Tag Manager, Analytics, weblogs).
- Some experience running advertising effectiveness experiments including A/B, geographic and time-based experimentation.
- Experience with at least one programming language (Ruby, Python, JS, etc.) preferred.
- A love for solving puzzles and ability to tease out trends/insights from complex data sets.
- High attention to detail and the ability to set and hit aggressive project deadlines.
- Highly adaptable with a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced, high stakes but incredibly supportive team.
- Experience with other digital marketing channels - SEO, display, paid social, or affiliate marketing as either the client-side or sales/agency-side, is also preferred.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Tableau, Data Studio or similar analytics platforms.
- A passion for productivity and a desire to help our customers realize their own potential through use of Pointer’s service.
About working at Pointer
At Pointer, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Pointer, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Pointer, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re going to really make a significant impact in this world
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritise quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy.
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from other staff.
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget.
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work.
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback.
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar.
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery.
To apply, please send a note using the contact form below and we will arrange a call. 99% of the interview process will be via phone calls, sms and emails. Your role is making content surface online, you do not need to be able to sell yourself to succeed. You only need to be highly effective at your job.