We’ve been moving fast since we founded Pointer in December 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our service to nearly 20 customers.
We’ve seen surprisingly deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for way that they can grow their business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time or part-time Content Marketing Manager to help us build our teams for our next stage of growth and development.
About the role
This role reports to the Marketing Director and requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Plan and maintain an editorial calendar across all our owned channels.
- Source content through our internal creative services, clients, and through using your own initiative based on trending topics.
- Track the performance of your content campaigns to determine success and learnings.
- Work closely with our lead copywriter and clients team to understand the product and technology including broad services and product nuances.
- Participate in all client meetings adding value to their Go To Market strategy and planning.
You will be able to:
- Take data as well as key external market trends to build content around to grow our credibility and thought leadership.
- Create content with compelling narratives and excellent storytelling that leverages our customer segmentation strategy and drives SEO.
- Manage end-to-end process from creation to implementation of marketing content.
- Work closely with all teams in the organisation, as well as with our clients teams too.
- Champion the voice of our customer brand voice and style, ensuring consistency across every touchpoint.
- Establish and execute against a content marketing strategy that includes both top of funnel and mid funnel content. Content types may include: blogs, published articles, website content, case studies, social media, whitepapers and infographics.
- Perform PR to effectively tell our industry specific stories in key publications.
- Manage the entire editorial process, including ideation, drafting, design, distribution, promotion and measurement.
- Track relevant news and social conversation to generate highly relevant storylines that address audiences' real-time interests.
- Drive SEO through creating organic and paid search initiatives with an expert understanding of how to integrate keyword strategy into overall content planning for programs and campaigns.
- Analyse content performance and lifecycle, and use data to iterate, improve and maximise results.
The ideal candidate is an expert on social media analytics, understanding the nuances, advantages and shortcomings of each platform and know how to utilise data in formulating a campaign strategy. You will have demonstrated success building thought-leadership focused content programs with strong SEO foundations, and will take a strategic approach to content distribution and building audiences on different distribution platforms. You'll be a doer, a thinker and a leader and will play a critical role in further establishing Pointer as a leader in Sales and Marketing.
What we value:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including experience in content development, SEO strategy and brand marketing.
- 3+ years experience SEO fundamentals such as keyword research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience launching products, designing, executing and tracking marketing campaigns.
- Proficient in translating and condensing highly technical product offerings and concepts effectively for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up and agile environment, and able to straddle between strategy and execution as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in setting and driving Brand and Content strategies and working cross functionally to delivery final content.
- Ability to think strategically while being hands on, organised, and detail-oriented.
- Prior experience as an editor in the media is highly valued.
- Bachelor's Degree or self taught to equivalent capabilities.
About working at Pointer
At Pointer, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Pointer, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Pointer, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re going to really make a significant impact in this world
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritise quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy.
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from other staff.
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget.
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work.
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback.
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar.
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery.
To apply, please send a note using the contact form below and we will arrange a call. 99% of the interview process will be via phone calls, sms and emails, and video creation. The exact tools you will be using in the job to sell our services. .