We’ve been moving fast since we founded Pointer in December 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our service to nearly 20 customers.
We’ve seen surprisingly deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for way that they can grow their business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time or part-time Sales Development Representative to help us build our teams for our next stage of growth and development.
About the role
We’re seeking a highly-motivated individual who wants to develop a lucrative career in sales to join our sales team. We don’t just implement solutions, but we create value for our customers by evaluating short-term and long-term impacts. Being an agile company gives us leverage to focus on a small number of high impact initiatives and projects, developing robust solutions for niche target markets. If you’re fearless, passionate about technology and are driven by personal (and team) achievement, we want to hear from you.
As an SDR, you will:
- Qualify leads from marketing activities as sales opportunities.
- Continually prospect for new customer through cold calling and other lead generation efforts as assigned; nurture those prospects as assigned.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our and our clients product and keep abreast of upcoming product updates and releases.
- Conduct high level conversations with business leaders in prospects accounts by articulating our (our our clients) value proposition.
- Actively maintain a sales pipeline with documented activity in accordance with sales processes and methodologies.
- Work with the marketing team to develop touch points for prospects including email messages and phone scripts.
- Develop and nurture a pipeline of new business opportunities to deliver to the Account Executive team to further accelerate our growth.
- Setup QDCs (qualified discovery calls) with qualified prospects and Account Executives.
- Effectively uses CRM and other sales tools to efficiently manage accounts through every step of the sales cycle.
- Utilise your active listening skills to understand and uncover prospect’s needs and business problems to effectively communicate our clients value.
Need to have:
- Desire to grow and advance your career in sales.
- Excellent phone, and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills to navigate complicated issues.
- No reservations making cold calls.
- Highly motivated, curious and willing to take intelligent risks.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Understanding of the sales cycle, how to qualify leads, and sales techniques.
- Takes a consultative approach to sales.
- Work hard - play hard, strong desire to help businesses maximise sales.
Nice to have:
- Prior SaaS experience.
- 2-3+ year of sales experience in a corporate environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using Salesforce or other Client Relationship Management (CRM).
- Experience in high value products or services.
- Positive and optimistic personality - you help others see the positive in any situation.
- Passion for helping people.
About working at Pointer
At Pointer, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Pointer, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Pointer, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re going to really make a significant impact in this world
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritise quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy.
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from other staff.
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget.
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work.
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback.
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar.
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery.
To apply, please send a note using the contact form below and we will arrange a call. 99% of the interview process will be via phone calls, sms and emails. The exact tools you will be using in the job to sell our services. The first thing you need to be able to sell is yourself over is the phone.