We’ve been moving fast since we founded Pointer in December 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our service to nearly 20 customers.
We’ve seen surprisingly deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for ways that they can grow their business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time or part-time Customer Success Manager to help us build our teams for our next stage of growth and development.
About the role
Part customer support, part account management, part product expert, and part business development, you will be the primary touch point for our most valuable customers, and critical to expanding and continuing use of our services.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product, as well as the workflow challenges common to our customer segments.
- Welcome new customers. Understand their needs, and help them discover ways to use Pointer to grow their revenue.
- Support existing customers to troubleshoot issues, increase usage, and further integrate Pointer into their core business.
- Serve as the voice of the customer to the Pointer team. Identify high priority issues, and help us understand workflows and customer pain points that are insufficiently addressed, or to ensure alignment in strategy and priority of tasking.
- You have a deep understanding of business structures and customer service.
- People-centric. You will be talking to customers, so you should be outgoing, confident and have stellar people skills.
- You should be comfortable in technical conversations relating to sales, business development and marketing. We’re not expecting someone who can write a strategy document, but communicate the document to a client ensuring they understand it’s features.
- Strong communication skills. You are clear in writing and in speech.
- 3+ years experience in customer success or account management is preferred.
- Ability to meet clients face to face when needed (specific to your region)
- Ability to develop long lasting relationships with clients and represent yourself as a thought leader and trusted advisor.
About working at Pointer
At Pointer, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Pointer, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Pointer, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re going to really make a significant impact in this world
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritise quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy.
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from other staff.
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget.
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work.
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback.
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar.
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery.
To apply, please send a note using the contact form below and we will arrange a call. 99% of the interview process will be via phone calls, sms and emails. This role does have a face to face component to the interview as you are required to be available to meet clients in person.