1. TrainYo Introduction: In this episode, Marcus Cauchi speaks with Sunil Kumar, co-founder of TrainYo, a business that prepares individuals for sales development roles and aids in their job search. The distinctive strategy used by TrainYo entails providing free training to individuals before placing them in employment.
2. Sunil's Adventure Sunil discusses his life experiences and reveals that he has ADHD and dyslexia, which have complicated his academic and professional endeavors emphasizes the idea of neurodiversity and explains how people with neurodiversity have different thought processes than the general population.
3. The reason for TrainYo Sunil highlights TrainYo's goals, highlighting the company's mission-driven nature. Train Yo concentrates on preparing people, particularly those from various backgrounds and age ranges, for entry-level sales development careers. Sunil is committed to making the tech sector's employment opportunities more accessible and inclusive.
4. Difficulties in the SDR Market The difficulties employing sales development representatives (SDRs), including the rising cost of hiring SDRs and the possible growth of outsourced SDR services, are discussed.
The goals of TrainYo, Sunil Kumar's personal path, and the difficulties and opportunities facing the SDR hiring industry are all discussed in this episode. In addition, Sunil touches on the significance of neurodiversity and the necessity of more inclusive employment procedures in the tech sector.
Sunil Kumar talks about his business, TrainYo, and its distinctive approach to hiring and training SDRs (Sales Development Representatives) in this interview. The following are some salient points from the discussion:
- TrainYo's bootcamp prepares participants for SaaS (Software as a Service) sales roles, and it takes a unique approach to teaching SDRs.
- Sunil stresses the significance of coachability, drive, and soft skills when choosing candidates for the program.
- Participants in the company's training program can work four days a week and the program is entirely flexible and remote.
- Sunil and his team put a lot of emphasis on personal branding and the distinctive goals of each employee within the company.
- The discussion includes elements like hiring procedures, career planning, and management facilitation.
- Sunil talks about the need of aligning pay with workers' objectives and how the business uses equity as a component of pay.
- Finding managers that can effectively foster and grow SDRs is another topic of discussion.
- Sunil is surprised by the level of interest and support they have received from other professionals in the field.
Overall, TrainYo's strategy entails individualised training, a clear company objective, and a dedication to assisting people in beginning successful careers in SaaS sales.